I’d say it’s hard to believe it’s been 8 years since I started this show, but that’s a complete lie. I think about this show constantly, and anyone who’s ever produced content regularly for any extended length of time knows it lives in your head to whatever degree pretty much all the time. That photo above is me as a spry 32 year-old doing my very first interview for this show with one of my mentors, a public relations legend, and someone who became a good friend, Mike Gaughan.
I’ve been asking people questions on the record now for the ensuing 8 years, and I never get tired of it. People are endlessly fascinating to me, and I love learning more about them. I’m curious, I’m empathetic, I’m bold, and I’m unafraid. These qualities animate my interviews, and my life. To mark the occasion, and in the interest of trying to give you something you don’t normally get since I have more than 375 total episodes, I decided to reach out to some of those former guests and let them ask me questions. I’m not frequently in the hot seat, so why not?
It’s a killer lineup of talent, too. Check out the who’s who of guests that were goodly enough to send me questions:
- Ashley Garrison – Co-Owner of The Hop Handcrafted Ice Cream (Ep. 299)
- Kyle Krueger from The Laid Off Special with Neil and Kyle! (Ep. 56)
- Molly Smith – Professional Copywriter, Host of “Did That Age Well?” (Ep. 312)
- Kyle Clark – 9News Anchor, Journalist, Craft Beer Enthusiast (Ep. 95)
- Drew Magary – Columnist for Deadspin and SF Gate, Author (Ep. 250 and Ep. 139)
- JD Lopez – Comedian, Host of Left Hand Right Brain (Ep. 149)
- Chris DeMakes of Less Than Jake (Ep. 278)
- Jackie Fouchia – Oh, She Healthy (Ep. 293)
The questions range from stuff about me personally to stuff about the show to philosophical meditations about the nature of epistemology (it wasn’t phrased this way, but it’s essentially the nature of the question) to insane hypotheticals. There’s a little something for everyone in here. I got a shitload more questions from former guests that I answered here.
Thank you for letting me be a part of your life! Enjoy this show, and I’ll be back very soon with new content. Until then, say goodnight, Gracie.