Thomas Harding is the Colorado Rockies beat writer for MLB.com. On this week’s episode, Thomas shares the journey of his 30+ year career writing about baseball, divulges what a “gameday in the life” of Thomas Harding is like, how he approaches an article that might make someone in the organization unhappy, and a whole lot more.
If you’re a fan of baseball, what the life of a journalist is actually like, or, especially, the Colorado Rockies, this is episode is going to be firmly in your wheelhouse. Among the multitude of topics covered, Thomas shares his opinion on:
- How much the altitude is a factor inhibiting sustained success for the Rockies;
- His favorite and least favorite visiting parks to work in;
- Michael Jordan’s minor league baseball career (Thomas covered that league firsthand during Jordan’s tenure);
- The pluses and minuses of the sports blogosphere;
- His opinion on whether or not PED users should be in the Hall of Fame;
- What’s going to surprise people about the Rockies this season.
With the Super Bowl firmly in the rearview mirror, and since pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training a scant two days from this episode’s airdate, it’s high time we start talking baseball again. And who better to do it with than someone who’s watched it from the trenches over a 30+ year career?
Every Jon of All Trades episode is available on iTunes, including Thomas Harding on this one, where you can subscribe and not miss a thing. While you’re there, make sure to give us a rating and a review. And remember, Jon of All Trades episode previews are now exclusively on Facebook, so don’t forget to Like us there.