Ep. 31: Sean DeHerrera – Tattoo Artist and Owner of Theoretical Ink

Sean DeHerrera is a phenomenally talented tattoo artist, and owner of Theoretical Ink. This episode is your insider view into the world of tattoos. According to Sean, “art is about 10% of understanding tattooing,” and on this week’s show, we talk about the other 90%. That includes talk of regulations, hygiene, after care, the equipment, why he pays more to use an organic red ink, why you should always be wary of “flash art,” and how he can become “sold out” of certain designs. Sean works with the Tri-County Health Department to ensure the most stringent and up-to-date regulations are being enacted, and I believe you will not meet a more conscientious or health-minded tattoo artist anywhere.

Additionally, he’s an all-around great guy. Our wives are old friends, so after we concluded the interview, we had dinner and had a great time. While cleaning up, Sean noticed our faucet was loose, so he climbed his ass under the sink and fixed the fucking thing. Take a look…

sean fixing sink

We also mention a tattoo he did for my friend Jason. You can check that out right here:

jason's tattoo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.