Dude, this show is one of the most fun shows I’ve done in a very long time! Nick McQuik reached out to me a week ago, and I didn’t know what to expect. Little did I know this guy has done what seems like EVERYTHING. Here’s a list of some of the things we talked about on the show:
- The tiny town of Dawson City, Yukon he grew up in and why they had to bring a pocket knife and ammunition to school.
- His degree in kinesiology, work as a personal trainer, and why the people he worked with drove him crazy and caused him to quit.
- Working as a mechanic, getting promoted to journeyman, transitioning to heavy duty mechanic, and establishing his retirement fund early in life.
- Working as a mechanic on the show Ice Road Truckers.
- How he became a comedian, his approach to comedy, and why it’s his most passionate pursuit.
- His thoughts on nutrition
- The differences between America and Canada (and not in a hacky Yakov Smirnoff way).
- Why he and his wife went to couples therapy even though there was nothing wrong in their relationship.
- And why he works as hard as he does (which, when you listen to this, no matter your work ethic, you’ll feel lazy as hell).
In short, this is an action-packed hour of conversation that covers an insane breadth of topics. I loved this conversation, and I know you will, too.